I moved the blog to a new server a few days ago. I hope you can notice the speed difference.
The old server had an old version of MySQL, and the same goes for PHP. So it was about time I switched.
The move went quite smoothly. I did a dump of the MySQL database and imported it into the new site via phpmyadmin. Then I did a full download of my site and uploaded it via FTP. I actually tried using JoomlaPack for this, but it timed out several times on my old server.
The only thing I had to do on the server was to increase the amount of memory allocated to PHP.
The admin is also faster to work with now, and that's pure joy. I will be working on optimizing the speed of the blog during the coming weeks.