Kristoffer Sandven is a Joomla! and SEO consultant living in Horten, Norway. He's the founder and author of JoomlaBlogger.
About a week ago, I received an email from an anonymous hacker. He had sent the same email to around 350 people in the Joomla community. They were all registered in the same affiliate system for a well-known software developer, and attached to the email was an Excel sheet with all of their contact info and user names. The hacker said he had extracted the info from an insecure system and offered "security services" to protect from similar hacks.
Apparently, people had been talking about this for a couple of days already on Twitter. Still, I wanted to check a little more what this guy was after.
JoomlaDay Spain 2012 takes place later this week in the town of Mérida. I was very happy when I got asked to do a presentation during this event. JoomlaDays are always great fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.
The JoomlaDay features a good variation of topics, presented by local and visiting speakers.
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 37:
• Joomla 2.5 is the Recommended Version for Most Sites
• Join Us for Final Bug Squish before Joomla! 3
• Joomla! Day Spain - September 28 - 29, 2012
• Thanks to Pizza, Bugs and Fun Participants!
• What To Do When Your Disqus Comments Link To The Wrong URL
• SH404SEF 126.96.36.1992 released
• Joomla upgrade 2.5.7 now available - 2 security issues resolved
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 36:
• September JUG Activities & the Joomla! Birthday Party
• Joomladay Cape Town 2012 & sharing knowledge
• A month of minimal Joomla templates
• Keynote speakers announced for the inaugural Joomla World Conference
• Watchful.li - a new service to backup, upgrade and monitor your Joomla portfolio
• SiteGround becomes a partner of Joomlashine
• All JoomlaShine templates are responsive - Check it out!
• Joomla Day 2012 in Germany - Come to meet and talk!
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 35:
• Joomla! Day Poland - September 22 - 23, 2012
• Pizza, Bugs, and Fun Sept 15, 2012, plus Birthday Party!
• Help Us Test Joomla 3
• Call for OSM Board Nominations - Sept 2012
• Watchful - Remote Updates, Backups and Security Monitoring for Joomla!
• Sponsoring and speaking at Joomladay Germany
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 34:
• Admincredible.com is Live. Beta Coming Shortly
• Joomla 3.0 Alpha 2 Notes
• DOCman for Intranets
• Responsive Jomsocial Template
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 33:
• We Need Your Help to Explain Joomla 3
• Joomla!Day New York City-September 22-23
• First time in Joomla! history!
• Fitvids - Responsive video for Joomla
• Ranking factor dilution - a big problem for Joomla SEO
If you're like me, you have an iPhone or other type of smartphone. And chances are that you also use Instagram - that nifty, little app to capture, manipulate and share images. Now, you can combine the forces of Instagram and Joomla by using the Instagram servers to host your images.
InstaImages is a new extension for Joomla that gives you a whole new way using images on your Joomla web site. Snap a photo with your smartphone, and instantly use the image in your Joomla content without even uploading.
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 32:
• JoomlaDay South Africa Cape Town 17-18 Aug 2012
• Joomla.org migrated to Joomla! 2.5
• 2012 goals and budget for the Joomla! project
• Open Source Matters Second Quarter 2012 Goals Update
• Targetting featured items in Zentools
Every month, each of the major Joomla template clubs release a new template.
In this post, I take another look at the premium business Joomla templates released. This time for the month of August 2012.
There are templates from Yootheme, RocketTheme, Joomla Bamboo, JoomlArt, JoomlaShack, JoomlaXTC and Shape5 on display this month. Enjoy!