Just wanted to post a quick note about two upcoming reviews here on the blog.
I just received two Joomla books published by Pack Publishing and I'm reading through them to prepare for the reviews.
The two books are:
The first one is targeted at beginners and intermediate users. The second title is targeted at developers.
This is what Packt publishing writes about the books:
Create and customize a professional Joomla! site that suits your business requirements
- Adapt your site to get a unique appearance, features, and benefits of your choice
- Save on development costs by learning how to do professional work yourself and solve common problems with a Joomla! site
- Step through how to build an effective subscription-based business with Joomla! and market a site effectively
- Understand and customize modules, plugins, components, and templates
- A precise book packed with examples and careful explanations
- Simple but incredibly useful solutions to real world Joomla! 1.5 development problems
- Rapidly extend the Joomla! core functionality to create new and exciting extension
- Hands-on solutions that takes a practical approach to recipes - providing code samples that can easily be extracted
Update: Read my review
Stay tuned for my reviews of these books.