Kristoffer Sandven is a photographer, filmmaker and web consultant living in Oslo, Norway. He's the founder and author of JoomlaBlogger.
Every month, each of the major Joomla template clubs release a new template.
In this post, I take another look at the premium business Joomla templates released. This time for the month of March 2012.
There are templates from Yootheme, RocketTheme, Joomla Bamboo, JoomlArt, JoomlaShack, JoomlaXTC and Shape5 on display this month. Enjoy!
At the moment, I'm working on a directory site based on Joomla and Sobi Pro. On this site, I would like to display news stories related to the topic the directory is about.
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 12:
• Join Our Google Summer of Code Success Story
• What motivates you motivates us!
• Keeping your Joomla web site safe with New Version notifications
• The OLD K2 community will soon close down...
• Joomla mobile templates from Joomlashine – What do they look like?
• Joomla SEO: Ten FAQs for newbies FAQs
• Joomla Jumps to the Enterprise
• How do I get to Joomla 2.5?
2.5.3 is the current version of Joomla at the time of this writing. And as I wrote about last week, this latest version contains two important security fixes. Still, the small version badges (icons) showing supported Joomla versions are plastered across the Joomla Extensions Directory and developer's web sites.
The bad thing about showing these badges is that they give an impression that Joomla 1.6 and 1.7 are still supported versions. They are not. None of those versions are updated anymore, and they should not be used on any site.
But what about security updates, then? That's easy: Use version 2.5.3 (and later). That's the path to follow.
I have been using Joomla as a blogging platform with great success for both my clients and myself. After having reviewed and tested countless setups and extensions this book is my way of sharing what I have learnt over the years. This knowledge can be used by anyone using Joomla, not just those who want to build a blog.
Joomla is great for any type of web site, and it's great for blogging. I have shown in practice that it is indeed possible to build a successful blog with Joomla. By adding a selection of extensions, you can extend the core package to solve anything you throw at it.
You already know Joomla and use it for other projects. That's just one of the reasons why you should use Joomla for blogging.
This book will answer all the questions you'll have when Blogging with Joomla!
Regularmente reviso las entradas que no han recibido respuesta en los foros de Joomla. Muchas veces, las cuestiones planteadas tienen que ver con la forma en la que se presenta la salida de Joomla. Esto puede tener que ver con el código de la plantilla, pero muchas veces tiene más que ver directamente con el CSS (hoja de estilos) de la plantilla.
Los nuevos usuarios suelen estar poco enterados de cómo funciona el CSS en Joomla. A veces hay incluso confusión acerca de si el problema que se plantea está relacionado con el propio “core” (núcleo) de Joomla o es cosa de la plantilla instalada. En este artículo trataré de daros una panorámica general acerca del uso de las hojas de estilos en Joomla.
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 11:
• St. Patrick's Day Sale: Save 25% on all Memberships now through March 19th
• Duplicate Template Fix for Joomla 2.5
• A 5 Year Affair with the Dutch Joomladays
• Joomla 2.5.3 released and Quickstart packages updated
• Using Twitter Bootstrap to Create a Responsive Web Design (RWD) for Joomla
• Urgent security update available - Joomla 2.5.3
• JCal Pro 3 - the calender for Joomla 2.5 - with custom fields and event registration is now available
The Joomla Project has just announced the immediate availability of Joomla 2.5.3. This is a security release and you should upgrade your site immediately.
All versions of +Joomla! 1.6, 1.7 and 2.5 are affected.
The update process is very simple, and complete instructions are available here. You can easily update your site from 2.5.x to this latest version using the update function in the Joomla administrator.
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 10:
• Thanks to all who gave back at the Joomla Pizza, Bugs and Fun
• Joomla Roadmap Meeting: Production Working Groups & Lightning Talks
• SoftPraise 2.5 update with new features and now mobile responsive
• Release candidates are ready !
• A sticky nav for your Joomla template
• Zen Grid Framework Responsive Menu options
• A more social bamboo plus 2 Dribbble invites
• Agora Pro for Joomla 2.5 now available for just 99 cents!
• Joomla in the plain numbers
• Introducing Elegance Mobile Joomla! template & your chance to win a Free License!
• No Upgrades? You'll Scare Your Users Away
• Why Your Clients Need a Mobile Joomla Site and How to Sell it To Them
• Meet Paul Orwig: An Interview with the New OSM President
K2 version 2.5.5 was released on March 7th 2012. I you don't already know, K2 is a Content Creation Kit for Joomla.
In this release you will get improved search in Joomla 2.5, integration with anti-spam services, native support for jUpgrade, support for the built-in updater in Joomla 1.7 and later, and much more.