K2 version 2.5.5 was released on March 7th 2012. I you don't already know, K2 is a Content Creation Kit for Joomla.
In this release you will get improved search in Joomla 2.5, integration with anti-spam services, native support for jUpgrade, support for the built-in updater in Joomla 1.7 and later, and much more.
New features in K2 v.2.5.5
- Smart Search integration for Joomla! 2.5
- Integration with anti-spam service StopForumSpam.com to stop real, human spam - available upon user sign up and for flagging spammers in comments
- Native support for jUpgrade (both versions) makes upgrading a Joomla! 1.5 site to 2.5 a piece of cake
- Integration with the Joomla! updater (v1.7+). Using the built-in extension updater in Joomla! you can check if there's a new K2 release and instantly apply the update
- Community Builder integration for user profiles/pages
- The K2 Media Manager has been upgraded and now supports image resizing as well! Just drag and drop images from your desktop inside the K2 Media Manager to upload them on your server, then resize and use them anywhere in your Joomla! site. The K2 Media Manager, already a full Joomla! media manager replacement, just got better!
- (new) Added support for Falang, the JoomFish fork currently working on Joomla! 1.7 & 2.5 (JoomFish is not yet ready publicly for J2.5 - but that will come soon).
Fotis Evangelou is also very proud to announce the the translation teams working on K2 language packs are now 52! If you want to track the progress of translations or create a new transation team or join an existing one, check out the K2 project page on Transifex.
Joomlablogger is powered by K2
A couple of weeks ago, I migrated my site to Joomla 2.5. When doing that, I also decided to transfer all the content to K2. I've used K2 already on the site, for the Quick Looks. However, now all content is in K2. There are a couple of things that I love about K2:
- Sub templates makes it easy to create customized looks for different types of content.
- Tags - with linked content pages
And the best thing: K2 is free!
Thanks to Fotis, Lefteris and the other guys over at JoomlaWorks for giving us this incredible piece of extension!