Joomla blog posts from around the web (1/13)
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 1:
• Joomla training in Australia
• Joomla! goes CeBIT 2013
• Heathrow Airport Uses Joomla
• Call For Joomla! Community Leadership Team Nominations
• It's Official – Joomla! CMS to Add 3.2 Release
• OSM Draft Goals for 2013
• Zentools responsive lightbox and fonticons
• Zen and the art of Joomla templating
• For those who like to collect - the Collector Joomla template
• Winners of the Melbourne Joomladay Competition
• 25% off tickets to Melbourne Joomladay 2013
• The not so end of days coupon
• Good bye old friend we will miss you ... Joomla 1.5 end of life
• Virtuemart 2 released today
• Sh404SEF - Maximizing Joomla SEO with just a few clicks
• Our Twitter handle has changed to @AnythingDig
• sh404SEF selected as an inaugural Joomla Community Choice winner
• Turn Joomla into a Blog with These Free Extensions
• JoomlaShine launches Affiliate Program
• Year-end recap: A momentous 2012 for JoomlaShine
• Discover how JSN PowerAdmin rocks Joomla! world
Joomla blog posts from around the web (41/12)
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 41:
• Peugeot Uses Joomla
• Survey for 2013 Overall Project Goals
• How To Package Joomla Libraries
• Joomla 3.0 templates and Joomla 1.5 end of life
• New hosting partners - SiteGround
• New multilingual editor makes Joomla translation even easier
• Talks announced for 2012 Joomla World Conference
• SEO fun and more at Mozcation Milwaukee
• Joomla 3.0 - should I upgrade?
• Josetta 1.3.0 released
• User Extended fields language file for Joomla 2.5.x
Joomla blog posts from around the web (21/12)
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 21:
• A proposal for a new Joomla project structure
• Help! I'm locked out of the Joomla 2.5 administrator
• How to fix database issues in Joomla 2.5?
• Is the Joomla community one big happy family?
• 5 awesome free Joomla 2.5 shopping cart extensions - Pick one, sellers!
• Joomla 2.5 video extensions - To transform your site to a media library
• My JandBeyond 2012
• Jab jab hook! Knockout event for Open Source
• AfterJaB - Moving between the circles
Why Joomla version badges should be removed
2.5.3 is the current version of Joomla at the time of this writing. And as I wrote about last week, this latest version contains two important security fixes. Still, the small version badges (icons) showing supported Joomla versions are plastered across the Joomla Extensions Directory and developer's web sites.
The bad thing about showing these badges is that they give an impression that Joomla 1.6 and 1.7 are still supported versions. They are not. None of those versions are updated anymore, and they should not be used on any site.
But what about security updates, then? That's easy: Use version 2.5.3 (and later). That's the path to follow.
Joomla blog posts from around the web (11/12)
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 11:
• St. Patrick's Day Sale: Save 25% on all Memberships now through March 19th
• Duplicate Template Fix for Joomla 2.5
• A 5 Year Affair with the Dutch Joomladays
• Joomla 2.5.3 released and Quickstart packages updated
• Using Twitter Bootstrap to Create a Responsive Web Design (RWD) for Joomla
• Urgent security update available - Joomla 2.5.3
• JCal Pro 3 - the calender for Joomla 2.5 - with custom fields and event registration is now available
Joomla blog posts from around the web (5/12)
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 5:
• Pizza, Bugs, and Fun March 3, 2012
• Latin American Joomla: Joomleiro, Juuntos and Jokte
• Starting the Joomla CCK Conversation
• Superbowl Sale: Save 30% on all JP plans now thru Feb 6, 2012!
• We are ready for Joomla 2.5!
• Get Ready For Joomla 2.5
• Agora 4 beta release due in february
• Joomla affiliate program : make money online step by step
• 5 mobile solutions about Joomla templates and plug-ins
• How to find out if you are on the homepage of Joomla 2.5
• bfForms for Joomla 2.5 released!
Why should you migrate your Joomla 1.5 site to a newer version?
I recently got the question: "What is the risk of not migrating my Joomla 1.5 site to a newer version?".
That's a really good question, as the task of migrating to Joomla 2.5 can seem like a daunting one. Nonetheless, there are several compelling reasons to migrate your site from 1.5 when it reaches end-of-life in April 2012.
First Joomla Night ever took place in Stockholm
On Friday, the first ever Joomla! Night was held in Stockholm, Sweden. The event took place in the offices of .SE, the organization in charge of the top-domain for Sweden (.se).
The theme of the Joomla Night was "Joomla at the edge of innovation".
To explore the subject, the organizers had put together a diverse team of speakers. One can say it was a bit controversial. Still, I think it was good to see three different approaches to Joomla and open source, on the same night.
Going to Joomla! Night Stockholm
In a few weeks, I'm going to attend the first Swedish Joomla! Night. It takes place in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden.
The theme of the Joomla! Night is 'Joomla: at the edge of innovation Build your website with a cutting edge CMS'.
The talks will center around this subject, and they even get a visit from the President :)
JCE 2.0.0 "Stable" released
Yesterday, JCE 2.0 "Stable" for Joomla! 1.5 and Joomla! 1.6 was released. Ryan Demmer, the developer of JCE, extends a big thank you to everyone who helped bring JCE 2.0 to this milestone.
Please note that "stable" does not necessarily mean bug free but rather refers to the end of the development process for this version. Ryan asks you to please continue to post bug reports and issues you find in the Forum.
Ryan will be updating installation and other documentation this week and will also be posting the first in a series of "Developer Walk through" videos soon.