Displaying items by tag: K2
K2 is one of the most popular extensions for Joomla. The CCK (Content Construction Kit) has been a favorite for a lot of devs for years, me included. Since Joomla 3 was released, K2 has started to seem a bit outdated, though. That's soon to change, with the release of K2 version 3.x.
In this post, you will find a short demo video from JoomlaWorks, showing the responsiveness of the new User Interface. In the example, K2 v3.x is running on a remote (busy) dev server.
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 15:
• New and Improved Updater
• The JED and Version Support
• On the fly, language files
• JoeJoomla To Present A Session At Joomla and Beyond In Germany
• Introducing the Vintage Joomla Template
• Find the nearest event with the new locations feature in JCal Pro for Joomla 2.5
• 10 ways Josetta is different from other multilingual solutions for Joomla
• New themes available for Agora Pro bulletin board
• JSN ImageShow v4 - A lot of useful new features to discover
• Joomla! 2.5 - Things you need to know
• Using Joomla easily and joyful with JSN PowerAdmin
• K2 v2.5.6 released released
• Meet us at J and Beyond!
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 12:
• Join Our Google Summer of Code Success Story
• What motivates you motivates us!
• Keeping your Joomla web site safe with New Version notifications
• The OLD K2 community will soon close down...
• Joomla mobile templates from Joomlashine – What do they look like?
• Joomla SEO: Ten FAQs for newbies FAQs
• Joomla Jumps to the Enterprise
• How do I get to Joomla 2.5?
K2 version 2.5.5 was released on March 7th 2012. I you don't already know, K2 is a Content Creation Kit for Joomla.
In this release you will get improved search in Joomla 2.5, integration with anti-spam services, native support for jUpgrade, support for the built-in updater in Joomla 1.7 and later, and much more.
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 8:
• K2 v2.5.5 coming out next week - now supported by 52 language translation teams!
• An open letter to the new OSM president
• Show / Hide a field in RSForm! Pro
• Forms for Joomla 2.5, v0.6.1 Released
• JoomlaPraise is now part of the 'corePHP' family!
• Last chance to save 40 percent on jcal pro and sh404sef
• Google Analytics integration with JoomlaShine templates for Joomla newbies
Yesterday, Fotis Evangelou of Joomlaworks tweeted a message about their work on a newsletter component for Joomla: Newsletter Designer
I've previously written a post on why I don't use a Joomla newsletter component myself. I'm using the Aweber service, and think it fulfills my needs.
However, after seeing all the great extensions created by JoomlaWorks, I'm anxious to see how this will work out. If you don't know JoomlaWorks, you might recognize K2, K2Mart, Frontpage Slideshow and a host of other extensions these guys have made.
The upcoming newsletter component from our Greek friends will include integration with K2, Virtuemart and Joomla, alongside other useful functions.
As a Joomla user, I hope you're familiar with the Content Creation Kit extension K2 from JoomlaWorks. It's a great piece of free software from our Greek friends.
In the beginning of September this year, Joomlaworks released their new component K2Mart. K2mart integrates Virtuemart and K2, allowing you to build your product catalog using K2's advanced content, taxonomy and templating options with Virtuemart's powerful cart and checkout functionality.
This week, version 1.3 of K2 Mart is out, with several exciting new features. Among them, better image handling and a new
JoomlaWorks just released version 2.3 of their free CCK component for Joomla: K2.
The new version has a large number of new features. K2 extends the functions of the Joomla! core and makes it easier to submit and manage large content driven sites. Additionally, it makes it easy to manage users and give access to certain content items. You can also create custom content templates for the purpose of blogs, catalogs, news sites and much more.
Another great feature of this release is the improved SEO functions: K2 will now auto-append the first 150 characters of the item's text onto the "description" meta tag, if none is specified. It will also use any tags added for the "keyword" meta tag.
In this post, Fotis Evangelou and Lefteris Kavadas speak about the new version of K2.
Read on to see the video interview
Yesterday, Joomla extensions developer JoomlaWorks released version 2.2 of their immensely popular and useful content component - K2.
K2 is the popular powerful content component for Joomla! with CCK-like features.
RocketTheme has spent two months developing their new Affinity template. And there are a few good reasons for it.
The new Affinity template features a new module reordering ability. The function lets you order blocks vertically and modules horizontally in those blocks. You can reorder modules vertically in a module position. The order of the modules and blocks is remembered by the browser by use of a cookie. This way, the user sees the site the same way every time they visit the page - if they use the same browser, that is.