Kristoffer Sandven is a photographer, filmmaker and web consultant living in Oslo, Norway. He's the founder and author of JoomlaBlogger.
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 22:
• Our New Product: Admincredible
• Reaction from Attendees at JandBeyond 2012
• Joomla Roadmap Meeting held at J and Beyond
• 2012 Joint Leadership Summit Summary
• Full speed ahead with jomCDN!
• Dropping support for IE7 in our Joomla templates
• Rethinking internationalization in Joomla 2.5 and beyond
• Backup! A story of how a 2-year-old backup saves a site from the abyss
Like in previous years, I've put together a video with some impressions from J and Beyond. This year's video features some highlights from the third J and Beyond conference, which took place in Bad Nauheim, Germany, at the beautiful Dolce hotel.
You will see a bit of the venue, some interviews with attendees, and some highlights from the sessions and the J!OSCARs awards ceremony.
A few weeks ago, the third J and Beyond conference took place in Bad Nauheim, Germany. The event, which started as an unofficial event for the Joomla! community, is now as close to an official event as one can get. Attended by over 220 people from 40 countries, the event also gathered a big group of Joomla leadership team members.
The organizing team, with Robert Deutz and Brian Teeman in the foreground, did a tremendeous job creating and running this event.
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 21:
• A proposal for a new Joomla project structure
• Help! I'm locked out of the Joomla 2.5 administrator
• How to fix database issues in Joomla 2.5?
• Is the Joomla community one big happy family?
• 5 awesome free Joomla 2.5 shopping cart extensions - Pick one, sellers!
• Joomla 2.5 video extensions - To transform your site to a media library
• My JandBeyond 2012
• Jab jab hook! Knockout event for Open Source
• AfterJaB - Moving between the circles
During J and Beyond 2012, the organizers showed the almost finished version of a brand new promo video for Joomla. The video, created by Swedish company Joomlaproffs.se, is a 2 minute promotional video of the project, highlighting the benefits of Joomla.
I think it looks really professional, and conveys the message well. Great work!
In this video, Jack "Elvis" Bremer takes us on a tour of the Dolce Bad Nauheim - the venue for J and Beyond 2012.
This Joomla conference gathered over 200 people from almost 40 countries.
I had a great time there and will be publishing a longer report in a couple of days. Until then, join Elvis and see what went down at JAB12.
Earlier tonight, the J.O.S.C.A.R.s award ceremony took place at J and Beyond 2012. The conference, which is now in progress in Bad Nauheim, Germany, has gathered over 200 people from almost 40 countries. And they are all here to share their knowledge, contribute to the project or learn something new to bring back home.
The awards ceremony was a lot of fun as always, featuring the duo Teeman and Drover in matching tuxedos. And later, Brian Teeman as the Elvis of Joomla in an outrageous costume worthy of the King himself.
I'm very happy to announce that one of my sites won an award this year, in the category for Best eCommerce website.
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 20:
• First Peek at a New Business
• How to enable sub menu items in Joomla
• The 10 best free and popular Joomla 2.5 extensions
• Cory Webb Media has 3 sites on the J!OSCAR short list
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 19:
• Registered JUG changes
• See you at the CMS Expo 2012
• bfForms v0.6.3 new version released
• Dutch Joomladays 2012 Impressions
• A quick peek at the Intrepid Joomla template
• Josetta 1.2.2 released
• How to convert Joomla 1.5 template to Joomla 2.5 template
• Free Joomla 2.5 extensions to connect to social media
• K2 v2.5.7 released - introduces JSON & JSONP content output
• Mobile Joomla! Showcase – Sandvikengården Youth Camp of Sweden
• Version 12.1 of the Joomla Platform released
• Pre-Event Party
• Streaming Live from JAB12
This decision will have ramifications for the whole project. It will make it easier to style Joomla across the core and extensions, having a common styleset and markup. The framework is also used by other major website projects.